– Christmas scored a career-high 34 points to lead all scorers. The sophomore was on fire in the first half, hitting a number of tough looks with a hand in his face, and finished 11 of 15 from the field and a perfect 7-for-7 at the line.
– Jaaber missed his first seven field goal attempts, but caught fire to lead Penn’s big comeback, finishing with a team-high 21 points while dishing out seven assists.
– Grandieri also had a double-double for the Quakers with 16 points and 10 rebounds, adding four assists for good measure.
– The taller Quakers were held to just 33.3-percent offensive rebounding, while limiting Temple to 29.6 percent at its offensive end. Penn held an 18-11 edge in second-chance points.
– Penn opened the game hitting just 3 of its first 19 from the floor (15.8 percent), but shot 23 of 47 (48.9 percent) over the final 30:07.
– The game failed to sell out, with an announced crowd of just 6,103 for Fran Dunphy’s return to The Palestra.
– Penn will look to win its sixth straight and finish 3-1 in Big 5 play when it meets Saint Joseph’s (11-7) on Saturday, January 27 at 7:00 pm ET .