– Jaaber also had a strong overall game with 13 points on 4-for-7 shooting, seven rebounds, seven assists, and three assists.
– Flato led Yale with 11 points and adding five assists and three steals — though also five turnovers.
– Casey Hughes, who had 15 points and 13 rebounds in Yalels 77-68 win over Penn on February 3 in New Haven, was held to only four points on 1-of-5 shooting. His only basket came in the second half on a fastbreak dunk with Yale down 29.
– Penn had its way on the glass against the nation’s leading defensive rebounding team. The Quakers pulled down 13 of 28 (46.4 percent) of rebounds at their offensive end and held Yale to 17.9-percent offensive rebounding for a 24-8 advantage in second-chance points.
– Penn outscored Yale 42-26 in the paint.
– In the postgame press conference, Zoller and Jaaber were asked who should be Ivy League Player of the Year, and both players simultaneously said the other person.
– The Bulldogs will look to secure second place when they head up to Princeton to face the Tigers (11-15, 2-10) on Saturday, March 3 at 7:30 pm ET. The Quakers can extend their winning streak to nine with a win over Brown (11-17, 6-7 Ivy) at 7:00 pm ET.